We know that the Monday after Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year on the web. However, there are a few things you should lookout for and keep in mind when shopping on this amazing day! It is convenient to do from work and it saves you money on gas!!
1. Try to stick to big name stores and sites when shopping on Monday such as Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com, RetailMeNot.com, etc.
2. Phishing Schemes!!! Be sure to avoid all those flashy ads especially if you are shopping from your PC. These ads are not always legit, just because you see “get 65% off an iPad2” don’t believe the hype use common sense!
3. Credit Cards are your best friend during the holiday season. Do not use your debit card because you are better protected especially when it comes to fraud and being held accountable for the charges if your number gets stolen.
4. Make sure you pay attention to the security of the site you are using. Some sites such as banking websites have https: or a lock in the web address bar yet others like BestBuy don’t. Again back to point #1 they are a notable site so use caution when making purchases on smaller sites. Use other avenues for payment such as PayPal or One-Click if you frequently shop on Amazon. Pay attention to security at all times!
5. Make sure the item you are buying is the item that you want. Please pay attention to your shopping cart every time you click that “Continue Shopping” button. Make sure you do not have double and triple quantities of an item in your cart. We tend to click on an item more than once not thinking it went to the shopping cart successfully. Make sure you check your cart because restocking fees can be excessive and so can return shipping fees.
6. Security!!! I am notorious for shopping on Amazon from my smartphone. Please make sure you have software on your phone to make sure you do not get any viruses on your PDA. Make sure you avoid purchasing any items using public WI-FI. I am not a fan of using public wi-fi because of virus threats. So please shop from a secure computer with a secure internet connection!
Pay off those credit cards now with the cash from your debit card so that you can be ready for Monday! You will be happier you did it if something went wrong! Happy Shopping!!