I was reading a fellow bloggers blog and it made me think of obsession. Sometimes being obsessed or infatuated with your mate can blind you. Often times at least one of the persons involved tend to get hurt. I just wanted to take the time out to list a few signs of what obsession is and what to look out for. There is typically three phases to a relationship: lust, infatuation, and love. Obsession is not listed on here. Therefore you should run!
According to Wiki obsessive love is “a state in which one person feels an overwhelming obsessive desire to possess another person toward whom they feel a strong sexual attraction, with an inability to accept failure or rejection.”
- Jealousy to the point where you mate is calling you, emailing you, texting you all hours of the day checking up on you.
- Stalking: Popping up at the job, popping up at random places when you know you didn’t inform him/her of your whereabouts.
- Excessive gift giving: I mean after the first date type of gift giving, no matter if it is in the form of dinner, money, jewelry, flowers, you name it. If all of this is given in a short period of time this can no longer be considered an act of kindness it’s obsession.
- Constant accusing of cheating.
- Controlling your mate not being able to see friends or family because they want you to themselves.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, food, or sex to “cure” emotional pain.
- Strong feelings of mistrust which causes them to become depressed.
- Violent outbursts when you annoy them easily.
- Becoming in denial that the relationship has ended.
- Suicide. If one is threatening suicide then that is where you should check out immediately.
Please take heed and do not allow yourself to go deeper into a relationship if you already notice some of the signs. You will find yourself doing the same exact things only to justify what is going on in your relationship. It is unhealthy and can end badly for both parties. Around this time of year we hear about all the love that is in the air but there are some who aren’t feeling the love.
Thanks for reading and thank you for all the new subbies and followers!